Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dreams do come true

As some of you know if you have been following me for a while, it took my husband and I SIX long years to welcome our little boy into the world. During those six years there was countless hours of day dreaming and picturing what our life would be like with a child. Those dreams were especially prevalent during the holiday months. Louie and I are holiday obsessed. October/November/December are our favorite months of the whole year. There is just something about these last three months of the year that just make me happy. I always imagined the traditions we would start, the activities we would do, and the places we would go once we had a family.

The dream has finally come true for us. We now have Lincoln. Our beautiful *almost* 7 month old little boy who is the best thing EVER, and all those things I dreamed of doing we can start doing! Last weekend we went to Oak Glen, CA and visited an apple farm and pumpkin patch with my parents. Although the place was busier than a summer day at Disneyland we still had a good time. Next year we intend to plan better and go up earlier in September AND on a weekday though I will say! Lincoln was so curious with all the new things to see. The corn mazes, the apples on the trees, the pumpkins in the ground-he loved it all! It was SO hard to get a picture of him looking at the camera! 












Since we didn't get a pumpkin at Oak Glen, I found a local pumpkin farm that was local and we decided to go there and check it out. There wasn't too many left on the vine there either but we did have a really good time. They had some animals there Lincoln enjoyed watching and it was fun to visit a 'real farm'. We ended up getting one big carving pumpkin, 2 pumpkins that we were told we best for pies, 1 pumpkin that is apparently the best for pumpkin bread and 1 baby pumpkin for Lincoln of course. He again was so curious with the straw on the ground or the pumpkins around him it was hard to get a picture of him looking at the camera! We can't wait to continue going to these places together every year. 









4 comments:

  1. I loved this entry, the pictures are so vibrant and full of life and joy :) I just asked Jackson if we should take Leela to the local pumpkin patch but he thinks he'd rather wait till she can walk and pick her own out...boo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Im glad you at least found that cool pumpkin you got some pictures of her in! :)

      Delete
  2. Most of my children are full grown now and I love to their stories of how they remember the activities and traditions I started with them. I don't think you can start to young. They will have your stories and pictures. You have a lovely family and your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing proud Moms talking about their babies. Fall traditions are my favorite and I can't wait til I can share them with a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete