Monday, March 7, 2011

Whats for dinner- Fettuccine Alfredo

So I have never been a huge fan of fettuccine Alfredo. I never order it from restaurants and have never made it at home. But, my husband loves it so I figured I would try it out. I have seen many different recipes and variations for this meal, and this is the way I made it. However, I will note next time, I will use a little less cream cheese. It was a tad thick. But delicious none the less.

Here is the recipe:



*1/2 cup salted butter
*3 tablespoons minced garlic (give or take, you know I love my garlic)
*8 oz package cream cheese (take note, personally we found this a tad thick, next time I will add a little less)
*1 cup half and half
*1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
*1 pound fettuccine pasta
*1/4 cup or so peas
*Salt and pepper to taste

Fill large pot with water, and turn on high heat, come to a boil.

In a large pan, melt butter and add the garlic. Saute around 4-5 minutes. On low-medium heat, add cream cheese, let it melt and come together with butter and garlic.

By this point, water should be boiling. Add noodles.

Add half and half and pepper (however much you want) to sauce. Let simmer around 10 minutes. If you want to add peas like I did, cook peas then once cooked add to the sauce. Once noodles are done and sauce has cooked, turn heat off and add the cheese to the sauce. Drain noodles. Toss together! Even better if served with garlic bread.

I was so surprised how EASY and DELICIOUS this was! Of course, you can not add the peas, OR, you can also add grilled chicken which would be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment