Friday, May 13, 2011

Homemade Sloppy Joes

So this is a recipe for Sloppy Joe's that is so yummy and so easy to make. I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I've been making it for a few years. Here's what you need:

*1 pound ground beef
*1/3ish cup chopped onions
*1/3ish cup chopped green bell pepper
*1 teaspoon yellow mustard
*1/4 cup ketchup
*1/2 cup BBQ sauce
*2 cloves minced garlic (optional, I'm a garlic nut, so I put it in everything)
*1 teaspoon granulated garlic
*3 tablespoons brown sugar
*Hamburger Buns (this makes about 4 sloppy joes)



Chop your veggies.

In a large pan, brown your meat and veggies.



Half way through your cooking, add your garlic.



Drain fat, and add the rest of the ingredients.



Combine well, and simmer for 30 minutes.



Then add a little Kenny Chesney...just kidding ;) But I love to listen to pandora while I cook...



Before serving I like to toast up the bread a bit, I put a little butter on the bread along with a little granulated garlic, it makes it so much yummier, trust me :)



I served mine with baked sweet potato and corn on the cob that night. That's why you see those in the main picture, I just didn't take a picture of the whole plate all served up. Also, you could totally change it up and make it with ground turkey instead of meat. :)




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment