Friday, July 22, 2011

The House That Built Me

I love that song by Miranda Lambert, and thought the title was pretty fitting for this blog entry. Since I hadn't updated in a while I decided I should since we recently found out we we're moving! Going from one house that built me... to another.

Currently, we live in my Grandmothers home. We moved in 3 years ago after she passed away. Always knowing eventually the house would be sold. Well, that time has come to put it on the market. Kind of at a perfect time as well. My parents rent out their ranch (a horse boarding facility) since a year ago they bought a new house when they decided that since my Dad retired they want to be able to have the option to go somewhere on a whim and not have to worry about feeding the horses kind of thing. Well, the lady who has been there...lets just say it didn't work out. So, we are moving in to take her place. Funny thing is its the house I grew up in for almost 10 years. So I am moving from a house full of memories, to another one full of memories. Its bittersweet really. I absolutely love my home. We are nestled between so so many trees and its so peaceful. Honestly, the trees I think are what I am going to miss the most. The yard is very difficult upkeep for just my husband though (especially since we live on a hill) so he is definitely looking forward to having a normal sized, FLAT land to maintain. Only really downside to the move is the commute my husband will have to take, since he works about 45 miles away from the house. Mix 45 miles and the southern california freeways together and you have a total disaster on your hands! I would never see him with how long he would be on the road practically! Luckily though, we have a metrolink and he will be taking that, which is about a 45 minute train ride to get to work. Not too bad. It will be a little more monthly for the pass than we pay in gas now but not as much as we would be paying in gas if he didn't take the train! Another plus is my best friend literally will live a street away from me. Not to mention my parents will be 3 minutes away, I will probably see them every day anyway since they are always at the ranch, and our other friends are pretty much all less than 10 minutes away. So overall its going to be great. Plus it has a fenced secure yard that our dog Chloe will be able to use. Here, we live in a mountain essentially and have no fence, especially with the ton of coyotes that live in the area its not the safest environment for a dog, let alone a 8 pound one! She loves being outside so she will pretty much be in heaven! I am also SO looking forward to being around the horses again. The past year or two I have really missed it. Unfortunately my horse passed away a few years ago but I have plenty in the backyard to love on when I want to! Its definitely not the same as having your OWN horse but oh well.

Overall I think its going to be a great thing for us. We move in I'm assuming mid august (maybe 3ish weeks from now). The lady currently living there should be moved out by the end of the month, and then we just have to clean the place up and can move in! I am trying to get everything packed now so it can hopefully be one weekend of moving and have everything go smoothly. Since we live about 45 minutes away I don't want to be driving back and forth very much. BUT, its pretty much a rule that moving never goes smoothly, so we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. The new house sounds wonderful. Good luck with the move thats always the worst part.

    ReplyDelete