Sunday, September 8, 2013

Quick & Meaningful Grandparents Day Gift!

This is Lincoln's first Grandparents Day and I wanted to make something that would be fun and meaningful for my parents from him. But with Lincoln only being 5.5 months old we were limited on what *he* could make. Louie and I brainstormed and came up with the idea of his footprints in a frame with a picture of Lincoln and my parents. We LOVED the result, and more importantly they did also.

Its so easy to do, and more than likely, you'll probably have everything you need at home! This could absolutely be a gift for anyone, any holiday also, not just grandparents day. 


Materials:
8x10 frame
Toxic Free Ink
4x6 photo 
Cardstock
Tape
Printer (optional)

So what I did first was put my cardstock in my printer and I printed out the words "Grandparents Day 2013", but you could write that out on the paper if you have lovely handwriting...which I do not. ha!

I printed out the photo of my parents with Lincoln from his 1 month photos. I felt I should have a more up to date photo of them all, but its such a good picture I couldn't resist. 

I just simply taped the picture on the cardstock underneath the words and then used the ink on the bottom of Lincolns feet and pressed them underneath the photo. Which is a feat within itself let me tell you! We did get a couple smudges but its homemade, it gives it more character right?...right? 

Make sure to let the ink dry for a few minutes before placing it in the frame. And your done!




5 comments:

  1. That turned out great Casey! And I love the bottom photo of L with Gramps and Gma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea! Love it looks and how happy your parents look! Proud grandparents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! We always try to make something special for grandparents day as well.

    ReplyDelete