Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Eclipse Screening.

Tonight was the screening of Eclipse. It was amazing. I was so lucky that along with getting picked, alot of my friends did as well. In the afternoon we met up with them at California Pizza Kitchen, and from there headed over to the Chinese Theater. Once we got in, we all sat down (http://www.thehillywoodshow.com/ guys sat right behind us also!), and the movie was supposed to start at 7:00pm. As we were waiting, Kaleb Nation ( http://www.twilightguy.com and author of Bran Hambric) comes over to a few of my friends I was there with that he knew. WELL, my wonderful friends knew how much I was hoping to see him, because I just love the guy, hes adorable, SO, they call him over, I was too embarrassed to look over there because I KNEW what they were doing, and he walks over, climbs over the rail to give me a hug, I could have died. We were both blushing hahaha. I told him I knew they would do this to me lol. It was worth all the embarrassment though ;). Well 7:20 rolls around and alot of random people started coming in, and security counting how many random empty seats there were. There was also alot of people walking around with head sets, and lots of cables, it seemed like something was up, BUT at the same time, I didn't want to get my hopes up. Across the street at Jimmy Kimmel, Taylor Kristen and Rob were filming their Twilight special (that airs the 23rd of this month). SO, the movie finally starts, after about 10-15 minutes, the screen goes black, then a guy who works for the theater comes out and says the were having some technical difficulties and to hold on. THEN, Jimmy Kimmel's face pops up on the screen, I would love to tell you what he said, but I couldn't hear over the screams, especially when it panned out and the Holy Trio was sitting there saying hello to us =D I do remember Jimmy saying something about an on screen kiss, and Kristen who was sitting in between of Taylor and Rob, pushes their heads together, it was funny. THEN, in walks Xaiver Samuel (who plays Riley), Peter Facinelli (who plays Carlisle), Bryce Dallas Howard (who plays Victoria) and Dakota Fanning (who plays Jane). Again, I think they said something, but the screams were deafening. They left pretty quickly but it was amazing to see them in person. So then they started the movie over from the beginning, which was nice because we were all so "oh my gosh, what just happened" haha, and let me just tell you. Perfection. Melissa Rosenberg and David Slade did an amazing job. Don't get me wrong, I loved the other movies too, but, you just finally got the LOVE story finally, you really felt it. The action was amazing, just everything was great. Once the movie ended, we all hung out in the lobby a bit, I got a picture with Kaleb, and some group shots. We couldn't bring our cameras or phones in, so I don't have all the pictures yet since they were from some other peoples cameras they had gotten, so I'll have to post those later. Afterwards we went to Starbucks, talked for awhile and headed home. It was so much fun. One of the best nights. Of course, because of my wonderful luck, I got super sick on the way home, but finally (at almost 4am) I feel much better, just completely awake. Of course. :)

All of us with Kaleb Nation!




3 comments:

  1. Fun night! I have never seen any of the Twilight movies or read any of the books...but I have been to Forks ;) and the the Hoh Rainforest...I am glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristin! You must read the books! I know most who haven't don't understand why they are so popular, but just trust me, and TRY them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Casey!!! How awesome!! I am so glad that all of my Twilight friends (whom I trust) are saying good things about it. I was so worried! How amazing and I am so happy you had such an amazing experience!!!:)

    ReplyDelete