Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crockpot Pasta Sauce

Threw this together tonight and it turned out really, really yummy. I didn't take pictures since I hadn't tried it yet, but there really aren't that many steps anyway so I thought I would share. I used sausage for this but you could definitely use ground beef or turkey as well.

*1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (my tomatoes come whole, peeled and with basil then I puree them)
*3-5 gloves of garlic minced
*1 pound sausage, casings removed (I used no anise sausage I get from our little Italian market, but use whatever your favorite sausage is, or use beef/turkey if you prefer)
*half an onion diced (Optional)
*half tablespoon sugar
*salt and pepper to taste

In a large pan, brown the meat and onions. Once browned (doesn't need to be fully cooked) add it to your crock pot.

Pour in tomato's, and add the spices and garlic. Stir together.

Cook on low for about 4-6 hours. My crock pot cooks very fast, so just keep an eye on it.

Serve over pasta! Top with Parmesan, or even a dollop of ricotta cheese. Very very simple and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment