Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Homesick

So as of a couple days ago we are officially living in the new house. Funny, I say new, but its the house I grew up in for half my life. Since before we moved I have been SO sick. Perfect timing right? Pretty much a constant stomach ache, throwing up, the whole sha-bang. I don't know why or how to make it go away. Add on top of that, its so odd, I am completely homesick. Like, BIG time. I never thought I would feel this way. Prior to being here I was so excited. Not that the reasons I was excited aren't there anymore because they are, I guess my life has just changed drastically overnight, and with the 100 degree weather in California and feeling sick, I am overwhelmed. Yesterday after feeding the horses, I just started balling in the feed room, I pulled myself together and as my parents were leaving they asked me what was wrong and I lost it again, pulled myself together again, called my husband, and lost it yet again! Maybe a big cry (or multiple cries for that matter) is what I needed.  I'm feeling a bit better than the house is getting more in order. For a couple days it was just boxes everywhere you stepped (we went from 2700 sqft to about 1500 sqft) but now that most are unpacked (thanks to mom and dad for helping) I'm feeling less overwhelmed. I'm sure that once a couple weeks goes by, we finish the house, and I get used to my new routine as "farm manager" I will feel like this is home.

2 comments:

  1. HUGS!!! Change is never fun. I hope you start feeling more at home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, man, I hope you get feeling better soon. Like Cristin said, change is difficult, and I would feel totally overwhelmed like you are feeling. I'm glad you've had someone to help unpack---that is my least favorite part of moving. Big big hugs. xoxo, Renae

    ReplyDelete