Sunday, January 29, 2012

Teriyaki Noodles with Broccoli

Teriyaki Noodles with Broccoli-

So since becoming vegetarian, I have been trying new recipes, or changing up old ones. This is one of those I've changed up. Basically only omitting the chicken, and its still amazing! Its super simple and really yummy, so I thought I would share it with you all.

Ingredients:
1/2 box of rice noodles, linguine style
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Couple tablespoons of brown sugar
Peanut Oil
Vegetable Oil
Garlic
Fresh Broccoli (but frozen would work too!)

Ok, so you know me. I don't measure anything. I throw things together and taste as I go. :) So I will try to estimate for you, but I suggest you do the same. Have fun with your cooking, and experiment! For this I think sliced carrots would be fantastic, but I didn't have any at the time.

So basically get out your pot and cook the noodles as directed on the box.

Chop up the broccoli, and cook to your liking. The way I did it, was I chopped it up, and put it in a glass bowl with a little water at the bottom. Place plastic wrap on the top and let it steam to your desired texture. I like my broccoli pretty soft, so a few minutes.

In the wok, heat up about a teaspoon or so of each peanut and vegetable oil. Throw in your garlic. Then pour in your teriyaki sauce (maybe around a 1/2 cup), a few dashes of soy sauce and your brown sugar. Let it bubble up a bit and put in your broccoli. By this point your noodles should be done, then throw them in the wok as well, coat and cook for a few minutes.

And your done!

See? Super easy :) I served mine with some veggie eggrolls. You could also add chicken if you like, or tofu.

Sorry for the crappy iphone pictures, but I think you get the point. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment