Friday, May 7, 2010

Road trip?

Hubby and I have been wanting to take a road trip for awhile now, but with being laid off, we haven't really looked to much into taking one. But we were talking today, and we really would like to take one BEFORE we go back to work since we have the time! We just really need to budget as much as possible. Where we would love to go is to Bodie, CA. Its a ghost town in Northern California, I had gone back when I was in 5th grade, and I've always wanted to go back. Louie and I love "old west" and ghost town stuff, we enjoy going to Calico which is alot closer to us, and we've gone to Tombstone (which wasn't as awesome as I thought it was going to be lol). I looked on mapquest how long it would take us to drive to Bodie (6.5 hours) but the way it shows we would drive would be by the sequoia and Yosemite, and we've ALWAYS wanted to stop there as well. I'm really really hoping we can budget with this, and go up there. Even better I hope maybe I could talk my parents into going with us. My dad just retired in January and my mom doesn't work, so its the ONLY time we'll EVER have the time to go somewhere for the weekend or something. Hopefully I can talk them into it. If not, I really hope Louie and I can at least go. If any of you have budget tips for road trips PLEASE SHARE! =D

1 comment:

  1. How fun! :) We went to find a ghost town here but ended up in eastern oregon instead lol.

    ReplyDelete