Sunday, May 2, 2010

Church, Peaches and testing.

I remember talking about a few blogs back how I really wanted Louie and I to start going to church on a more regular basis. As in every Sunday :), and the past couple week's we've been going to the little church my Grandma went to for practically her whole life. We really enjoy going there. The pastor and his wife were at the hospital the day I was born, almost 23 years ago, so its like another family. It just makes me sad because today, including us, there was only 10 people in church. And everyone who goes are alot older, as was my Grandma, and even though I love them, it would be nice to meet some other people our age. Today after service our pastors wife invited us back to their house for lunch. We talked...and talked, it was really nice. She also told me about a church a little closer to our house that their children go to. She even had brought up they totally understand and would love for us to meet other people closer to our age, I looked up the church tonight, and its beautiful, so I'm thinking we might start going there, and maybe once a month or so go to our little church to see everyone. We are also meeting up with Donna (pastors wife) again for lunch Thursday, so I'm going to talk more about it with her also. She brought up today if I wanted to get baptized, and I told her I was really thinking about it because I had never been, so I'm really looking forward to talking more with her and our pastor about it.

Tomorrow my best friend Amanda and I are going to Disneyland. She is picking me up after she gets off work tomorrow morning and we're heading out there, hopefully it's not too busy. I'm so glad we both have passes! I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not completely depressed and mopey. What happened with Peaches is still very much a wound on my heart, and I miss her so much, BUT, I think getting out of the house, especially going to church has helped. It was so nice also our pastor and the vets office sent us cards. It was so nice of them. I still haven't moved her dog bowl or any of her things. Her collar is still in the bag the vet sent us home with. It's weird because, there are things we were planning on doing with the dogs, for example, our little local park plays music once a week for the summer. So we were so excited to bring the dogs with us this year, and have a picnic dinner there and whatnot, and now its kinda bittersweet because Peaches isn't here. Yes, we can still take Chloe, and I'm sure we WILL, but I almost feel guilty. Like, I don't want let her do anything Peaches didn't get to do. I know it might sound silly, but I just have that feeling. I know in time that will probably (hopefully) fade as well.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but the test I took a few weeks back for the school district job, I passed! Which is great! BUT, I still have 2 more tests to pass until I would get an interview. So Tuesday is my second test. Instead of the paper saying to allow 2 hours to take the test, it says to allow only an hour, so that sounds like the test is a little smaller, I'm just nervous whats on the test because I have NO IDEA, just like I didn't for the last one. Hopefully I'll do ok though. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Thats good you guys are going to church again. We used to go - but the church we went to - it was too touchy feely - get up and hug each other and im not into that. So we dont go.

    Good luck on your test! That seems like such a pain in the butt to have to take so many tests to get an interview.

    ReplyDelete