Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nostalgic.

So 5 years ago when I was a senior in high school my psychology teacher has us write letters to ourselves that he would send 5 years later.

I recently got mine, and it was kinda sad. One of my best friends, Heather, got hers also, and we read them out loud together. Her's was way funnier than mine, she went all out and put pictures, things she liked and whatnot in it. I just had a letter. But it really made me think of how much fun (despite some things) we had together. We were best friends with another girl, who right after high school her and I had a falling out, over something SO STUPID. Lets just say it was over a guy, in a way, and it was just dumb. Things were misconstrued, and taken way out of proportion and everything just blew up. But this girl was one of my BEST FRIENDS. In the letter I had talked about how I knew the three of us would be friends our whole lives blah blah blah. Its sad. We had alot of fun. But in some way, so much damage was done, I think on both our sides, and I don't know if it can be repaired. I hoped it would, sometime in these past 5 years, but it just didn't. Plus then eventually I moved away, she moved to another state, she ended up moving back, but has since moved back there again. I had saw through a friends facebook she has one as well, but I just wonder if theres even a point anymore. For me there is, I would like to rekindle things, if it was possible, I just don't know if its possible on her end. I guess in a way I'm too afraid to find out. I just emailed my best friend for her opinion to see what she thinks. So we'll see. Just kinda makes me miss the old days. :-/


3 comments:

  1. Wow thats very interesting. My friend - at her baby shower we each picked out a number out of a hat - and whatever it was was the age we were to write a letter to her unborn child i think i got 16 - and at age 16 she would read it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes all you can do is apologize and expect nothing in return. At least you'll feel better. I've had the blessing of retaining an old friend, and the sadness of losing one despite the apologies. It's up to the other person if they can forgive and move on. You have a good heart. :)

    ReplyDelete