Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pasta with a cream sauce, ham and peas :)



So I went to my little local Italian market this past week to get some inspiration (by inspiration I mean their clam shell cookies, so.freaking.good.) but I also went to really get some freshly shaved meats for hubby's lunches. I decided to also make a pasta dish and get some ingredients while I was there, so I also got some shaved ham. I don't remember the name but I know it had something to do with tomato basil, so you know it was yummy :) I love our little Italian market, the people are so friendly and you get samples of everything! So I picked up some heavy cream, shallots, garlic, some fun different pasta, and some peas. That's it! Super simple. And it was delicioussss!



Ingredients:
*1-2 shallots diced (you can use onion if you don't have shallots)
*3 garlic cloves minced
*3 tablespoons butter
*6 ham slices, rolled and sliced
*1 cup heavy cream
*1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
*1/2 tablespoon olive oil
*1/2 cup (give or take) frozen peas
*1 pound pasta
*Pepper to taste

This is the pasta I used...


And here is a closer look of the ham...


To slice the ham, roll a couple slices together, and slice in strips...




Dice your shallots and mince your garlic.


Saute garlic and shallots in butter with olive oil. (if you hadn't already, make sure you start to boil your water)


After a few minutes, add the ham slices.


Once boiling, add your pasta and let cook for amount of time package calls for.


After letting the ham, shallots and garlic come together for around 5-7 minutes. Add your cream, cheese and peas. Add however much black pepper you like as well.






Let thicken up. Cook for about another 10 minutes, medium low.

Toss with pasta! :)



And serve!



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I saw your comment where you were waiting on some Bed Bath and Beyond coupons. I have about 30 because I get them all the time and would be happy to send you a hand full! Even though they are expired they still take them. One for every single item you check out. You can email me your address if you want some! row35401@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete