Friday, April 30, 2010

My sweet Peaches.

April 28, only 6 days after we took my Peaches to the vet, she passed away. Only 6 days after we noticed her breathing. Ultimately, the fluid in her lungs from the cancer just made it too difficult for her to breathe. She got to the point where she couldn't even lay down to sleep. A few days after her first visit I noticed her breathing was getting a little worse. I called the vet to see if there was any way we would drain the fluid in her lungs or if there was any other treatment we could do. So Tuesday we went in, and he gave her a certain medicine that was supposed to help with the fluid, and it worked SO well! I was extremely optimistic. But, by 9:30ish that night, it got back to the point where she couldn't lay down to sleep again. I got so scared that I litterally got physically ill, as if I had the flu. It was horrible. I was so nervous and afraid. Wednesday morning we took her to the vet, and told him how she did so well, but by bedtime she couldn't lay down. So he decided to up the dosage a bit, try that, but if it didn't work to not wait until the next day but to call him that afternoon. Well, hours went by, and she didn't get any better. She still couldn't lay down. I knew it was time. Around 3:30 that afternoon I called, and they told me to come right in. I cannot explain how heart broken Louie and I are. Not only was it just horrible to watch her go through this, but to make the decision to not prolong it for her was heart wrenching. I couldn't stay in the room, but my husband just couldn't leave her alone. I knew she would have wanted me there, she was beyond attached to me, but I just couldn't watch them do that to her. My husband decided to stay so she wouldn't be alone, he said he held her paw the whole time, but in a way he almost regrets because he said the image is etched in his mind. We went there with Peaches, and left with her collar in a plastic bag. It seriously feels like someone has punched me in the stomach. Its so hard to be home. I see her EVERYWHERE here, I expect her to walk around the corner to find me. Walking by her dog bowl every morning. Seeing her bed next to ours in the bedroom. It KILLS me. We miss her to much. Last night Chloe came into the room for bedtime, and she walked over to Peaches bed and sniffed it, and just walked away, it was as if she was looking for Peaches. :( I know it will get easier in time, and I'm doing alot better today than I was a couple days ago, but its still miserable. A part of our family is gone, and it just doesn't feel right without her. Some people may not understand if they aren't huge animal lovers, but Peaches was like our child. We will miss her for the rest of our lives. :(








5 comments:

  1. Im so sorry to hear about Peaches :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lani saw one of your posts before this where you mentioned her and she actually started to cry. We feel so bad for you and Louie. I can't imagine Winston not being around anymore, and he doesn't even live with me right now. I hope that you find a way to get past this soon and just enjoy all your great memories of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys <3 (ps hillary, lani is so sweet, give her a big hug!)

    ReplyDelete