Sunday, February 7, 2010

Brothers Surprise 40th Birthday

What a night last night was.

It was my brothers 40th birthday, we had a surprise party at the Sky Lounge in Brea. Keep in mind, I have NEVER been to a bar before. I've never gone out and "partied". I've never ever been into that kind of thing. And the Friday night before the party, my sister gave me hell about not going out and whatnot. Ok, lets continue.

So even though we live in the area we've never been to this place, so I was following directions based on my phone map application and my SIL had mentioned a parking garage, so we see one so we immediately pull into it and park. My sister and mom (who had also just gotten there) had said the entrance is directly from the second level of the parking structure. So we go near the elevator, and my mom asks "where are you" long story short, THERES MORE THAN ONE PARKING GARAGE, and of course, we were in the wrong one. Keep in mind also, my brother was supposed to arrive around 8:15 and it was after 8 when we found out where were in the wrong place. So finally we get there, and I noticed all the parking spaces say reserved, my mom who was waiting for us near the entrance said not to worry about it and I laughed and made the comment, "okay but if I get a ticket your paying for it!" So we got there in time, brother showed up, and we were having an good time. My family knows I also don't drink, like, at all, but my sister wanted me to at least have ONE, and she said she'd get me something I liked. So she brought me a Mango Martini, which I will admit, tasted pretty good. But I still don't like drinking AT ALL. But anyway! So we're all having a good time, talking and whatnot, and we were supposed to have the outdoor lounge for our party. But I noticed a ton of random people coming and going since there was no sign that said reserved or anything. So this group of people sit next to me on the couch we were on, and not even a MINUTE after they sit down, the chick next to me PUKES on my feet!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I JUMP up, some guy she was with started patting me saying HE was sorry, and I just ran off to clean up. SO GROSS! My brother was kinda drunk at this point (although HE didn't think he was lol) and totally ran off to my rescue trying to get them the heck out of there. My first experience at a bar, and I get puked on. Just my luck. I went back and the people are STILL sitting there, and I tell my sisters (jokingly but serious lol) not to EVER EVER EVER give me hell for not going "out" again! lol. So that kinda ruined my night from there on. I wasn't PISSED, just disgusted. So shortly afterwards we left. And low and behold, whats on our windshield, but a lovely parking ticket. lol. I immediately called my mom to tell her "I told you so!" and she just answered her cell saying "I know, I'll give you the money tomorrow" and laughed. lol.

So all in all, it was a very...interesting night for me. Hubby had a great time, he likes hanging out and having a drink with people, way more than I do. I'm much more comfortable having a game night with my best friends. lol. Anyway, here's some pictures from the night! BUT, my brother seemed to have a great time, and that is really all that matters. :)





















PS! In the picture with my brother with the cake on his mouth, in the background you can see the chick that threw up on me! I'm sorry, but if I threw up on someone, I wouldn't STAY THERE! ugh!

1 comment:

  1. How awful to be thrown up on! Yuck! So glad your brother had fun. You were a nice sister to go hang out with him. I don't drink and still have fun when I go out, so you totally don't have to drink. I like that I remember what happened the next day. ;)

    ReplyDelete