Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homemade pasta? harder than it looks!

So I attempted to make homemade pasta last night. I got my sauce all done and simmering, and I went on to make the pasta.

Boy oh boy its harder than it looks. I tried the recipe that was in my stand mixer booklet it came with, and it was SO dry it kept crumbling on me! So, I put it back into the mixer, added 2 more tablespoons of water, and it was still pretty dry! But I was able to knead it a little, but it was SO hard to roll out thin. When I was slicing it I didn't quite slice them thin enough I think, so they were a little to thick once they plumped up as they cooked. So I think maybe for my birthday or next christmas I'm going to ask for a pasta attachment for my stand mixer. Until then, I think I'll stick to my dry pasta :)


1 comment: