Friday, February 5, 2010

Dear John and the one dessert I can't screw up!

This afternoon Louie and I went to see Dear John, I LOVED the book, so I was beyond excited to see the movie. And I was not disappointed! It was a great adaptation (in my opinion at least lol) from the book. There were changes for sure. But I can see why they needed to do them. Louie thought it was a little slow at parts, but come on, it was a total chick flick so I don't blame him. I'm just glad I have a husband who's willing to see my click flicks with me! =D

So I LOVE cooking. I do it almost every night (if we're not eating left overs haha) and I have to say I am pretty decent at it. It definitely took me a few years though to feel comfortable and proud of my dishes lol. But one thing I am NOT is a baker. I can't bake a batch of cookies or a cake really if my life depended on it. Ok, so I'm not THAT bad, but I'm FAR from good. The other day I was watching 30 Minute Meals, and Rachael Ray (who also doesn't bake haha) made this dessert that seemed SO yummy and simple! So I decided to try it out tonight and it turned out great! It was SO good. It is a Limoncello and Lemon Cream Fruit Tart. Here is the recipe:

1 store-bought sponge cake tart shell
2 ounces chilled limoncello liqueur
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup lemon curd
Sliced Strawberries (or any berry really)
2 teaspoons lemon zest

Remove the tart cake from the packaging, put it on a cake plate and douse with the liqueur. In a small bowl whisk or beat the cream, mascarpone cheese and lemon curd to combine. Fill the tart with the cheese mixture and top with the berries, lemon zest and mint.

So simple! And it turned out super yummy. And I didn't mess it up! Hallelujah!

For a few years now I've been making my own pasta sauce as well, and I think tomorrow I'm going to attempt to make my own pasta noodles. We'll see how that goes!

Tomorrow is also my brothers surprise 40th birthday party! Should be fun! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Have you thought of having a TMs get together and cooking for us? Ha, ha. I'll bring the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a bad idea! Maybe we should try to do something like that when New Moon comes out!

    ReplyDelete