Thursday, March 25, 2010

Disneyland

So this past Monday we went and picked up my husbands mom & sisters Briana and Christina for a 2 day Disneyland trip. His mom bought the 2fer ticket for them, so on Tuesday we went to Disneyland. We had a little late start, my sister in law Briana had to perfect her eye liner lol, but we got there about an hour after it opened. My mother in law and Briana had never been on the Nemo submarine ride, so that was the first stop of the morning. After Blue Ribbon Bakery lol. Now that I'm trying to remember from there on, it just kinda runs all together, but we pretty much were able to ride every single ride, with the exception of a few. So all in all if was a pretty successful trip. We decided to wait to ride Splash Mountain until one of the last rides of the day, with the chance of us getting soaked. So around..I would say 8:30ish we headed over there, and pretty much walked right on the ride. I LOVE the ride, don't get me wrong, but I HATE HATE HATE getting wet. lol. I almost didn't even go on it. But they convinced me, and as we were walking up, a couple was walking back from being on the ride, and were wet from head to toe. I just KNEW thats how it would be. But it seemed like as we were right about to get on, all the people in the boats getting off weren't to wet. So I kinda got my hopes up we would also have that kind of luck...not so much. We were DRENCHED. And it wasn't even the big drop that got us soaked, the smaller little drops before made the bigger waves that splashed in. BUT, minus the uncomfortable-ness of getting soaked it was alot of fun. After Splash we headed over to Thunder Mountain. Right as we got in line the fireworks started going off. We had never been over there when the fireworks were going and it was so beautiful, especially with the fireworks right above Thunder Mountain. The line wasn't too long either, so we were able to get on the ride as the fireworks were still going, which was awesome. AND they were still going after it was over, so I was able to get a few pictures right as we got off. But of course with my shoes & socks being wet by the time we left, I started to get blisters. Plus we had been on our feet for 9 1/2 hours so they were already hurting to begin with lol. Next day, we went to California Adventure. We had a pretty good time, but theres not quite as much to do there as Disneyland. We decided to go on the Ferris Wheel, where the buckets slide back and forth. So we get on, and I didn't realize you go around slowly first because they are filling up all the buckets. THEN, once they get filled, you go around faster. I thought the slow part was all it was. lol. It was scary but pretty fun. It did start to kind give me a head ache though. (I get motion sickness VERY easily) But it wasn't too bad. After that we went to eat lunch, and after lunch it was time to use our fast passes for Soarin' Over California. I love the ride, but again, I get motion sickness on it. But I love how they have the smells for each location. By around 6ish we were all kinda tired, and grumpy, our feet hurt so we were kinda over it. But we had a nice time overall.



















3 comments:

  1. So fun! I love going there and hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The universe is really telling me I need to go to Disneyland. I am reeeeeaaaallly wanting to go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should go Dana! Maybe during christmas time? Its so magical then I think :)

    ReplyDelete