Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bad bad day.

Yesterday we noticed our dog Peaches was breathing very deeply. She wasn't panting, but it was as if she was running around and breathing hard. She was also hacking/coughing as well. Peaches is about 11-12 years old so I was a little worried. When we noticed she was still breathing the same even as she was asleep, I knew I had to call the vet. When I described to them what was going on, they didn't even want an appt, and just told me to bring her right in. Well, after first listening to her heart, the vet heard alot of fluid and thought that her heart was leaking. He wanted to keep her for a few hours to take some xrays. Our vet knows about our situation being laid off, and he said he wouldn't cut corners with her but he would keep in mind our situation and call us before performing anything. Well, after taking xrays he found there was much much more fluid than he thought. And it was OUTSIDE the lungs, not inside. Which is pressing on the lungs making it difficult for her to breathe. He couldn't see the heart clearly so he recommended doing an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech only comes in once a week and thank you Lord he was there TODAY. He just wanted to call before doing it being the ultrasound was over $400 itself. But, it was the only way to find the problem, so I had to do it. Well, the heart was fine. And during the procedure they took a sample of the fluid, and it was blood tinged. Which is a very bad sign. So basically, there was a couple situations for that he said, one she got in contact (like eaten) something like rat poison. But I dont even own rat poison, and shes hardly EVER outside, other than to go potty and come right back in, so its not like she ate an animal that was poisoned. Or, its possible a tick bit her and fell off and she has some disease from it, which I'm PRAYING for because the only other option is it's cancer. And theres a tumor that is bleeding inside her. And if its anything but cancer, we can treat it. But, not cancer. And with her being 11-12 years old, I'm so afraid that it is cancer. My poor baby. I've only had her for 4 1/2 years. But she is my WORLD. Shes not just a pet to me, shes like my child. She was rescused from a puppy mill, and we got her when she was around 6 or 7. Since the first time the rescue brought her in our first little apartment Louie and I had, she INSTANTLY became attached to me. Instantly. She's my shadow. No matter where I go, she follows me. I can't imagine life without her. Luckily, the vet said she isn't in any pain. Thank God. She doesn't really even act like anythings wrong either! He couldn't believe how normal she seemed. Tomorrow we find out the results. I'm so scared. Please pray for us.







2 comments: