Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finding out the gender.

For as long as I can remember, I've ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to wait until birth to find out the sex of my baby when I got pregnant. Louie even completely agreed with me. We both thought of all the surprises in the world, that it would be the best one. BUT, tonight I was reading a girl's blog who is currently pregnant, and she was talking about how the idea popped into her head to have a gender reveal party. That they would take a friend with them to the ultrasound, the tech would tell the friend, and then they would have the friend bake (or buy i guess lol) a cake, and have the middle dyed blue or pink, and that at the party that would be the way they would find out. I fell in love with the idea! How fun would that be? And to be able to share it with everyone close to you. I brought it up to my husband and he actually liked the idea alot also. He also said "Plus cake is involved" lol. Figures. But I really think that would be an awesome way to find out. Granted, I'll have to actually make that decision whenever I actually get pregnant. But I'm glad I read her blog. It'll give me alot of time to contemplate what I'll want to do when the time comes. :)

1 comment: