Saturday, April 17, 2010

Doctors Appointment, and possible bad news.

So a few days ago was my appointment with the doctor. First up, I had to get a pap smear. I'm REALLY bad with getting those every year. (sorry if this is a little TMI). LORD HAVE MERCY it was horrible. Worst one yet. BUT, best doctor yet. She was the nicest doctor I think I've ever had. I loved her. But oh my goodness, pap smears are very painful for me. My cervix is apparently very far in there so it was a little difficult. I was on the verge of crying. Ugh. I dont even want to THINK about it.

ANYWAY, so afterwards we talked about me conceiving. She was so supportive and so nice. She thought first she would like to start me on metformin. Apparently its a drug for people who have diabetes, but for people who DON'T it does something along the lines of making my body reconginze it's hormones better, and it should help regulate my periods and help me concieve. She said she's seen alot of women with my same issues get pregnant when starting metformin. So thats exciting. I have to take a progestrone every month when I don't like taking, at all. Sometimes it makes me have more than one period a month and the cramps can get painful. So we're hoping this metformin will help bring my cycles closer together so I don't have to take the progestrone. She also wanted me to take a blood test to test my thyroid levels because if those aren't correct that could be a factor with all of this as well. Which of course, turns out, my dosage for my thyroid isn't correct. So she has me taking a higher dosage and I have to go back in 8 weeks for another blood test to make sure thats what I could be taking. BUT, she also said she wants me to hold off trying to get pregnant until we figure it out since it potentially could harm the baby. I'm just relieved I've already taken the first step. I'm trying to be really positive about it.

Now, on a little scarier note. Back in the beginning of January my husband applied to be an apprentice for the pipefitters union. My dad knows one of the head honcho guys there and Louie was even able to go in and talk to him which normally you just apply and leave. He told Louie that the next step is a math (algebra) test in May. So ever since then he's been getting tutoring for alegbra since its not one of his strong suits to prepare. Well, we still hadn't recieved any information (which we were supposed to) about the test yet. So the other day Louie called to find out when it was or when the information was going to be sent out. Apparently the lady who answered said something along the lines that it was cancelled, that too many guys were out of a job, and something about being put in a pool of applicants. Whatever that means. Louie said she didn't seem to know what she was talking about too well, that she mumbled a bit, and she also said something about waiting until 2011. UGH! So the next day he tried to contact the head honcho guy he had met with. I guess he was out on the field and so he left a message for him but we still haven't heard back. We are worried because we were REALLY depending on this and Louies been preparing so hard for the test! And just 2 weeks until May they say this? I guess the lady said that they are sending out letters with all the information on whats going on soon, we were supposed to get it today, but we didn't so hopefully Monday it will come. Not to mention I'm still waiting to hear back on the test I took for the school district. Hopefully I passed and I'll hear back soon, but that test was HARD.

Well, I better get to bed. I'm determined to start going to church more often, so I really want to go tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment