Monday, April 12, 2010

Gardening.

Sorry I've been so MIA! There just hasn't been a ton to write about really!

Well, the past week or so I've been outside alot, planting some flowers and veggies. First I replanted some new flowers in our little wheelbarrow out front. The other flowers we planted last year I didn't like so much anymore, so I pulled those out and replanted some new ones. I forgot to take a picture of those. But then I planted a bell pepper plant, some strawberries, and a tomato plant. My mom had bought us one of those Topsy Turvey things to grow tomatoes in, so hopefully it works. If not, I'll just plant it in a normal container lol. And since the water drains out of the container, I didn't want it just dripping on the wood (they are all on our balcony) every day, so I got a pot and planted some flowers and set that underneath to catch the water the topsy turvey drips. I can't wait to cook with the veggies I grow! A month or two back I bought this herb growing set from Lowes, it had 3 small pots, with basil, parsley and chive seeds. They sprouted really fast, and the chives and parsley seemed to grow pretty quickly to a few inches, and the basil was a little slower, but then they just stopped growing. So I replanted them in a bigger container hoping they just needed more space. Here's some pictures:






1 comment: