Sunday, January 17, 2010

Been a few days...

So I haven't been on the computer in a few days, but I have now discovered I can write a blog on my phone, so that's what I'm doing now! (Sorry ahead of time for any typos though since I am using my phone lol)

Things weren't looking to good when things were really starting to hit me about our financial situation. Not to mention we hadn't heard about our unemployment yet. But Friday had brought some good news! The past few weeks I have been checking edjoin religiously for clerical jobs either for a school or at a school district. I applied at the few I had found, but on Friday I decided to just call the school districts around our house, first I called the district we lived in since that's the closest and no one even answered, so I left a message with my # totally not expecting to hear back. So I called about 4 or 5 more and none were hiring. So I decided to go get ready and we were going to go some places for Louie to apply at. As I was getting ready the district I left a message for called back! She told me that there wasn't any clerical available right now BUT if I was interested there was a teaching aid position for special needs children, preschool age, I got sooo excited, that is my dream. So on Wednesday morning I'm going in to take a test and if I pass then they will schedule me an interview. I am SO excited. I checked their website and the job isn't even listed so I'm hoping that means there won't be a whole lot of applicants so my chances will be a little better. So please keep your fingers crossed for me! That afternoon we also finally got all our unemployment paperwork in the mail, so that was a relief. Not any money yet but just our forms and stuff. So hopefully things will be starting to look up.

Again, if any of you guys have any recipes on meals that are cheap to make and go a long way pleaseeee share. Or if you have any tips in general to stretch a dollar. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really good job and would put your foot in the right direction. I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete