Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Test

So tomorrow is my test for the teachers aid job! She told me it's basically a common sense type of test, I'm SURE I'll do fine, but not having something to study, or some type of sample test is driving me nuts! I feel so unprepared. Not to mention, I'm horrible at taking tests anyway. Even if I totally know the subject matter. Blah. Hopefully it'll be alright. If I pass I will then have an interview, I'm assuming it won't all be on the same day though. I got a call from another school district today also, they are in the process of alot of people going into retirement, so alot of jobs will be opening up soon. And since the guy is a friend of my dad's he said when a job opens up and is posted online, I can call him directly (he's in charge of hiring) so thats awesome. IF, this teachers aid position doesn't work out. I'm TOTALLY hoping it does though. Granted, its not full time, and unfortunatley I'd make more money from unemployment than I will from this job. But its something I know I'd enjoy, I'd be able to be home more often, and the foot in the door and the experience will be great. SO we'll see. Please keep your fingers crossed for me though!

1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI...unemployment will supplement you up to their amount if in fact you are making less per week than they would pay...and it extends your claim for longer because basically you get a set amount and can continue to draw on it each week til it runs out...does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete