Thursday, January 14, 2010

Find it kinda funny...

...How we got laid off, however at the ranch up north, they have 3 new employees.

NICE!

Its really starting to hit me that we have no income coming in whatsoever. And still no word from unemployment. I don't know how we're going to survive. Of course I know if I had to, my parents could help us out, but I've never in my life had to borrow money and I REALLY don't want to have to. Thank god we are going to be getting a little money from filing our taxes though. I was trying to do it on Turbo Tax last night, I must have entered SOMETHING wrong, because before I submitted it, it was trying to tell me I owed California over $6000. UM WHAT!? And the dang program WOULDN'T let me go back and fix anything. So my Dad has a friend, and he's only going to charge us $50 to file them. Thank you Jesus. I was so excited to put that lump sum (although its hardly going to be over $1000 I'm sure) on a credit card, but now we'll probably have to live off it. So I guess of all times for this to happen, this was probably the best time. Then hopefully we'll hear from unemployment soon. My boss owes Louie some money for helping out at their house over Christmas, but the IRS froze all their accounts, so I have a feeling, if we're even going to get it, it's not going to be for awhile.

So if any of you have some recipes that are cheap to make and go a long way, PLEASE SHARE! Luckily we have a $50 gift card for Trader Joes, that will be a nice help. I make my own spaghetti sauce, which is cheap to make, and I'm planning on making alot of salads because lettuce and all that is pretty cheap lol. Anyway, any advice on stretching a dollar will be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, I know we'll be fine. God has a plan, and I know that. It may be difficult, but He knows we can handle it. I just have to put all my faith in Him and trust it will be okay. Doesn't make it any less scary but I have to realize, even though this is all happening, we are VERY blessed still. There are people out there who may have jobs, and don't have the things we have, or the wonderful family and friends we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment