Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Soup

So I don't have a picture for this recipe, from now on when I post recipes I am going to try to take a picture of them to go along with the recipes, but this one was SO good I had to share it tonight. If you don't have a crockpot you MUST go get one! I love them. They are so easy! Especially for a busy lifestyle or if you aren't a fan of cooking they are great to have. And did I mention how EASY they are? :)

5 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 garlic cloves roughly chopped (or a few more if you love garlic like me)
1 onion chopped
2 14oz cans of chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked ham (I use the thick ham steaks)
1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
Salt
Pepper
2 Cups whipping cream
2 cups Cheddar Cheese

*Combine the first 8 ingredients in at least a 5 qt slow cooker.
*Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours (mine only took six) or until the potatoes are tender.
*Process half of the soup in a food processor until smooth.
*Add puree, whipping cream and cheese back into the crockpot and combine well.

If its too cool for you, you can leave it in the crock pot on low for an additional 30 minutes, but I found that it was perfect to serve right away.

Serve with desired toppings, I just added a little cheese.

My husband LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment