Saturday, February 12, 2011

Open Face Meatball Sandwiches

So I made this recipe before deciding to get back into blogging so I have no pictures for this, BUT I will be making this again because we really enjoyed it so when I do I will try to remember to take some pictures. Now on to the recipe!

Open Faced Meatball Sandwiches:

Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 6 Hours

*24 frozen cooked Italian Style meatballs, Thawed (I used Trader Joes frozen meatballs, I used LESS than 24 since its just the two of us)
*1 jar of favorite pasta sauce (I used Trader Joes Tomato Basil)
*1 14.5 oz Italian style diced tomato's
*1 5.5 spicy tomato juice (v8 has some, I didn't use it this time, I added just a splash of water instead)
*Hoagie Rolls, split and toasted (or you can just pop them in the microwave a bit)
*Shredded Mozzarella Cheese to top


Combine first 4 ingredients in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for ONE hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook for around 4-5 hours. Mine only took four, or even a little less, just make sure sauce is slightly thickened. Spoon mixture evenly into rolls and top with cheese.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those sound so good - do you know the calories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't. BUT, it would be pretty easy to figure out, because the bag should tell you the calorie per meatball, how much the bread is, and the tomato sauce is very little calories, and you could omit the cheese, I use light mozzerella cheese. When I do it again I will try to remember to count the calories.

    ReplyDelete