Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day before Valentines Day

So tomorrow is Valentine's Day! We have never been huge Valentines Day fans, we always celebrate but we don't make a huge deal out of it. A few times we have gone out, 2 years ago Hubby went ALL out with a fancy resturant, tons of roses, and a pearl necklace I love, but I don't need that every year. So this year with money tight, I wanted to do something special at home. I thought I would make some cupcakes to start, for Louie and his office. I have never claimed to be a very good baker, I can cook, but baking is a whole other ball game. But even I was surprised at how cute they turned out. For me, anyway. :)

I also make Louies lunch every day for work. I have this little press out for sandwiches that cuts off the crust of bread into desgins, and it cuts the sandwich into two hearts. So I did that for his sandwich, and to keep with the red/pink thing I also packed him some dried cranberries. To go inside his lunch I made a little homemade valentine as well. I went and found a cute little vintage valentine picture and made my own little valentine with my picture editing program. Then I glued it on some red scrapbook paper, and used a cute little red and white ribbon to tie it together. Hopefully he likes it!

Here are some pictures!








1 comment:

  1. Those cupcakes look yummy!

    I think after youve been together forever and especially if you are married vday isnt a big deal.. its never been a big deal for us either - anniversaries are though

    ReplyDelete