Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fast forward 5 months!

Why hello! Haven't posted much in 5 months! Quite a bit has changed!

Louie got a job!!!!! Since this is public, I won't say where, but its been such a BLESSING. The people are great, and the job is great. He loves it. It is pretty close to our home as well, so no commute which is great. He really can see himself working there for a very long time, so we pray that over time opportunities for him to advance will come about. We are so thankful!

As for me, I went back to school to finish up my child development classes. After this semester I should be able to apply for a permit to work within childcare which is great. I am really enjoying school, and being home to be a housewife. Life is pretty good at the moment. :)

We have also discovered Dave Ramsey who has pretty much saved our (financial) life. He is a Godsend to us. We have been following his Total Money Makeover plan and loving it. We should be debt free by the fall. I will vouch to say we will NEVER EVER use credit cards again! No new cars ever again! The buyer is slave to the lender and we will never be slaves again. With the exception of a home, whenever we buy our first home since now that we live at my Grandmas home since shes passed, the how is paid off so there is no mortgage to worry about currently.

I have also gotten back on track with weight loss again. I hate having to say that! lol! But I have, and I hope to stick with it THIS time. The holidays really threw me off, but I have lost about 25 pounds total.

Which leads into baby making! Now that Louie has gotten a job, and we will be getting insurance again shortly, and our debt will be paid off, we are going to be getting back to trying to conceive in the next few months. Well, probably more than just a few months, our goal is to be pregnant BY the end of the year. In the mean time we want to pay off our debt and loose weight while we wait until around the end of summer to start really trying. My dad turned 70 this past January, I refuse to wait much longer. My parents are the most important people in our lives, and I want my child to KNOW them, to really KNOW them. Not to mention, I have been dreaming of becoming a mother for years, and years. I am ready. My husband is ready. So that's exciting.

I was thinking of doing some posts about cooking as well. We never eat out, I'm always cooking so I figured maybe I would do posts about some of the meals I make, along with the recipes. We'll see. It was actually my husbands idea. :)

This past weekend I chopped my hair off also. Which was great! I wish I would have done it years ago! I mean its still to my shoulders, but it was around the middle of my back before, so that's a lot of hair to me!

2010 wasn't a very great year for us, and already 2011 has been great. We are in a very good place in our lives and the only thing better would be to add a little addition to our family which HOPEFULLY will not be too far off into the horizon.

2 comments:

  1. This David Ramsey has me intrigued! I don't know if you have as much flippin cc debt as I do but I need help!!! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete